12 July, 2023, New York, USA
July 10 -19, 2023 the annual High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development takes place in New York.
In 2023, the global community is standing at the mid-point on the way to 2030 being far off track to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. Getting back on track will require comprehensive efforts including at the local level to ensure access to technology and innovation, mobilize financial resources, and strengthen public-private partnerships while taking into account integrated and indivisible nature of the Goals and seeking to balance economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development. HLPF-2023 aims at evaluating the progress made by countries in achieving the SDGs.
July 12, 2023 at 15:00-16:30 (Moscow time) with the use of online-broadcasting on Zoom Platform Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation, with the support of the Permanent Mission of the Russian Federation to the United Nations, as well as with the participation of the UN Global Compact Network Russia jointly organized a side event at the sidelined of the High-Level Political Forum 2023. The event’s topic focuses on the SDGs implementation in Russia and Beyond.
Topics for discussion:
- What approaches does the Russian Government employ in its quest for localizing the SDGs?
- What results the comprehensive review of Russia’s localization strategy has shown?
- What lessons learned from Russia’s experience may be of use for other countries?
- How audit institutions can contribute to the achievement of the SDGs?
Elena Dubovitskaya, Head of SKOLKOVO Center for Sustainable Development, SKOLKOVO School of Management
- Vladimir Ilichev, Deputy Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
- Dmitry Zaitsev, Member of Board, the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation
- Dmitry Chumakov, Deputy Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to the UN
- Anton Kosyanenko, Head of the Department for Audit of Economic Development, the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation
- Tatiana Iakovleva, Acting Chair, the Regional Audit Institution of the Samara region
- Yegor Chegrinets, Auditor, the Regional Audit Institution of Moscow
- Sutthi Suntharanurak, Director of International Affairs Office, State Audit Office of the Kingdom of Thailand
- Fernando Simões, Federal Auditor, Federal Court of Accounts Brazil
- ZHU Juwang, Director of Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government & Acting Director of Division for SDGs, UN DESA
- Ksenia Pavlova, Head of Division for Harmonization of Statistical Methodology and Monitoring, Federal State Statistics Service, Russia
- Alex Plakida, Board Chair, Global Compact Network Russia
- Alexander Dyukarev, Deputy Head of the Department for Multilateral Economic Cooperation, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation