NLMK Group is the largest steelmaker in Russia and one of the most efficient in the world.
NLMK Group’s steel products are used in various industries, from construction and machine building to the manufacturing of power-generation equipment and offshore wind turbines.
NLMK operates production facilities in Russia, Europe and the United States. The Company’s steel production capacity exceeds 17 million tonnes per year.
As a leading global producer of steel and steel products, NLMK Group recognizes its responsibility to society, nature and future generations. Sustainable development is an integral part of NLMK Group’s business and enables the Company to maximize long-term shareholder value.
NLMK Group's activities adhere to key principles of sustainable development, such as:
- Creating long-term shareholder value;
- Caring about employee health, well-being and development;
- Treating the environment responsibly;
- Delivering value-added products to our customers;
- Adhering to high ethical standards in conducting business;
- Developing, supporting and respecting the interests of local communities;
- Maintaining transparency & high quality information disclosure.
NLMK Group strives to continuously improve its performance in terms of sustainable development and to integrate the principles of responsible business conduct into its everyday operations.
The accomplishment of sustainable development goals is aligned to the long-term economic interests of the business and protection of the environment, which contributes to improved quality of life and social well-being of citizens in the regions in which the company operates.